SSI Dive Control Specialist is SSI's initial dive leadership level and is considered by many as the "fun" leadership rating. That's because you can do more than any other entry-level dive leader. You can do more because you receive both dive master and assistant instructor training in the SSI Dive Control Specialist course. With other agencies, these courses are separate.|
As a Dive Control Specialist you can:
- Work on dive boats, at resorts and retail stores, and take people diving
- Lead dive trips and tours
- Assist SSI Instructors in the pool and open water
- Teach skills in the pool under the direct supervision of an SSI Instructor
- Teach the SSI Scuba Skills Update program
- Teach the SSI Snorkeling program
- Teach selected SSI Specialty courses
- Teach selected First Aid and CPR programs
- Teach Scuba Rangers (after completing the Scuba Rangers Instructor training)
You will study advanced physics, physiology and decompression theory. You'll practice advanced rescue techniques, fine-tune your diving skills and learn the basics of teaching. Plus, there's a high demand for SSI Dive Control Specialists at retail shops and exotic resorts.
Click here to go back to education.