Diving offers a lifetime of exciting adventure and the ideal way to begin that adventure is with SSI's Open Water Diver course. Under the guidance of a professional SSI Instructor, you will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to enjoy a lifetime of underwater exploration.|
SSI's modular, six-session teaching system includes a video, manual, study guide, DiveLog and dive tables. And with SSI's home study approach, you will be able to minimize your time in the classroom allowing for more time in the water developing ability and comfort.
In multiple pool and open water session, you will practice scuba skills with SSI's exclusive Comfort Through Repetition teaching method. Some of the skills you will learn include:
- Moving in the water with ease
- Breathing normally under water
- Controlling buoyancy so you neither descend nor ascend
- The easiest ways to enter and exit the water
- Getting water out of your mask or mask clearing
Since you can't dive without equipment, there is extensive information on scuba equipment including:
- Selecting the best diving equipment for your needs and budget
- Maintaining and adjusting your equipment to extend its life and improve performance
Click here to go back to education.